Re: Dr. Croat's review of the information provided on the inflorescene of Philodendron sagittifolium

  • Subject: Re: Dr. Croat's review of the information provided on the inflorescene of Philodendron sagittifolium
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 23:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Steve,

Aloha.

I am not clear on the origin of your plant of Philodendron sagittifolium.  Is this the Central American clone or the Florida, house plant clone?  I ask this because hybrid Philodendron are often spare in their pollen production.  I am curious to see if you can photograph the pollen threads as they stream out of the male flowers at anthesis...you can see them emerging.  If you do not see this happening, perhaps it would be prudent to photograph a true species of Philodendron, with collection history, to document.  I hope that your plant does produce the copious pollen...but in case it does not, maybe this is the situation.  Good article and a good series of photographs.

Aloha,

Leland