Monstera question..

  • Subject: Monstera question..
  • From: "Sherry Gates" <TheTropix@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:24:21 -0500

Hi everyone,
  Is the M. deliciosa the large form and the M. pertusa the smaller form? I've seen both names used on both types, whether variegated or not. I've had a couple of people ask me the difference and after looking around, to try to make sure I have accurate information, I ended up uncertain myself. I have the green/white lg. leaf type, the green/yellow lg. leaf type, and the green/white smaller leaf type.  Also, is there a variegation pattern of some sort that could help identify the difference between albo variegata Monstera from the 'Thai Constellation'?
       Thanks for any information you can give,
                     Sherry
                     TheTropix@msn.com