Re: Schismatoglottis species

  • Subject: Re: Schismatoglottis species
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Peter,

Again wonderful detail to accompany your replies.  I did not see any attached image of Schismatoglottis corneri...  I had no idea that some of these species attained these dimensions.  My slim knowledge of the genus centered around small species. Those species I have seen are highly ornamental, but quite rare, at least in Hawaii.

I am really enjoying the ecological details that you are supplying, especially if these species become available in the future.  Do you know the specific pollinators or group of pollinators that are involved in Schismatoglottis?  Is fruit set common in habitat?