Re: Glasshouses, Botanic Gardens & sustainability

  • Subject: Re: Glasshouses, Botanic Gardens & sustainability
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Dan,

Aloha and mahalo for providing this link to Phipps Conservatory.  It is amazing what can be done if a garden saves it's pennies.  Do you know what the construction budget was? Was Phipps a steel baron?  I have to take a better look later to read a history of this garden.

Perhaps Longwood Gardens would be a useful contact for Jeremy...although I know nothing about their tropical collection outside of the cascade garden that Roberto Burle Marx designed.  It is a well funded garden, however.

Sorry to hear about your hail damage...hopefully everything will make a full recovery.