Re: What Monstera Is This?

  • Subject: Re: What Monstera Is This?
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear George,

Aloha.

I do not know what this Monstera? species is...but it is beautiful.  Are you growing it?  Where was this photo taken?  It resembles Monstera punctulata a bit...but differs.  How large are the leaves.  Monstera punctulata has very large leaves...larger than Monstera deliciosa.  It also somewhat resembles Monstera siltepecana...but it is different from that too.  Get on Tropicos images and type in Monstera...5 pages of images.  Unfortunately...and this is the caveat,there are two images of a female Zamia species under Monstera adansonii v. laniata.

Thank you for sending this image...maybe someone out there knows a name.

Good luck.

Aloha,

Leland