I.D.`ing Monstera photos.

  • Subject: I.D.`ing Monstera photos.
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:54:42 +0000

> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:27:14 +0800
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> From: gcyao@mydestiny.net
> Subject: [Aroid-l] What Monstera Is This?

Dear George,

In my opinion, the photos of the leaves could be any of several species of Monstera.
In some of these medium-to-smaller sized Monstera species, there is tremendous variation in the extent/amount of perforation in the leaf blades.  Collectors tend to ''lean'' to the more extreme forms with the most perforations.   This genus is not my ''strong point'', but I believe you`ll have to send photos of spadix details and close ups of the veination of the leaf, especially around the edges, to receive a valid opinion as to species.   I`ll leave the determination to someone more familiar with the genus than I!  Perhaps Leland might have an opinion.

Good Growing,

> Since we are discussing Monstera, I am curious to know what Monstera
> in the attached images is.
> George Yao
> Metro-Manila
> Philippines