Re: Monstera question..

  • Subject: Re: Monstera question..
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:01:20 -0500

Dear Helmut:

	Monstera acuminata is a distinct Central American species and M. oblique is a distinct species ranging from Central America to South America  but M. friedrichstahalii is a synonym of M. adansonii. However, plants of mistaken determination labeled M. friedrichstalii were actually M. siltepecana.  What was called Monstera pertusa for years is actually M. adansonii but if I am not mistaken the type of that plant is a Rhaphidophora from Asia. Monstera "pertusa" never had anything to do with M. deliciosa.

Tom