Re: Monstera question..

  • Subject: Re: Monstera question..
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:07:04 -0400

Sherry, regarding your question about the name Thai Constellation, that name is simply a renaming for commercial purposes
of an old variegated form of Monstera deliciosa.  You may in fact see the same clone with other names from other commercial
sources.  Catchy new names on plants that have been around for decades seems to be the order of the day with nurseries these days.

central Fla

Sherry Gates wrote:
Hi Marek and all the Folks on Aroid-l,
  I think you are right about M. deliciosa 'Borsigiana'. I have the variegated form and have found that it grows at a reasonable quick rate.  I would like thank everyone who gave me information! I do also have the Rhaphidophora tetrasperma, M. adansonii & a couple of others as well, so I'm pretty sure these aren't the same plant. The larger leaved variegated Monstera deliciosa is younger than the small leaved form, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to get any larger, at least nowhere near the size of the other. So many questions! Smiley emoticon
   Thank you, and the other folks who spoke up, for helping me out on this.
                          southeast Texas