Re: tall Alocasia 'Calidora' with a "pseudotrunk"

  • Subject: Re: tall Alocasia 'Calidora' with a "pseudotrunk"
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Eric and Julius,

Aloha.

I have noticed the same thing in Hawaii...but, I did not know why these things got so large and then declined...I assumed it was part of their natural history...not so much a horticultural issue.  Although we also have nematodes and that loomed in my mind.

Add Alocasia'Sarian', to the large pseudotrunk Alocasia that get large and fall over and decline.  I will mound leaf litter on my other plants and see how that works.

Thanks Julius for great advice...again.

Aloha,

Leland