Re: Monstera question..

  • Subject: Re: Monstera question..
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:56:26 -0400

Steve, I didn't remember reading this page, I only see a couple of glitches...

Last Para L2   'prefer' should be 'prefers'.

 Last Para   L4   Should it read '... grown at home..." ?

Had a bad lightning storm yesterday afternoon and a bolt struck very near my house.  Couldn't connect to the internet
after that, so today after swapping my modem out, 2 hrs on the phone with Bright House, 3 trips to Circuit City and paying $70
to the technogeek there, I got a new ethernet card installed and I'm back in business tonight.  My original ethernet card was permanently installed in my Dell, so putting another card in another port was out of my extremely limited area of computer expertise.  I'm going to dig my old surge protector out of the closet or get a new one.  Meanwhile I'll be unplugging the computer if I leave the house in the afternoons, which is when most of the storms hit.

Never a dull moment!

Russ

ExoticRainforest wrote:
And this one may help on Monstera deliciosa and the name pertusum.  Part of this info was taken from the original issue of Aroideana and references are noted.  For any of you that don't an entire set of Aroideana, contact Tricia Frank.  One of the best investments you'll ever make.

Steve Lucas

Hi everyone,
  Is the M. deliciosa the large form and the M. pertusa the smaller form? I've seen both names used on both types, whether variegated or not. I've had a couple of people ask me the difference and after looking around, to try to make sure I have accurate information, I ended up uncertain myself. I have the green/white lg. leaf type, the green/yellow lg. leaf type, and the green/white smaller leaf type.  Also, is there a variegation pattern of some sort that could help identify the difference between albo variegata Monstera from the 'Thai Constellation'?
       Thanks for any information you can give,
                     Sherry
                     TheTropix@msn.com

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.4.1/1514 - Release Date: 6/23/2008 7:17 AM