Re: Monstera question with a Rhaph. question as well..

  • Subject: Re: Monstera question with a Rhaph. question as well..
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:35:01 EDT

I'd do the same but I dont have much to pull out, (hair)!

I started getting confused when what I had labled as M. siltepecana was ID'd as a juvenile form of M. pinnatipartita and the juvenile form of M. siltepecana was actually another unidentified species I had growing in the GH.
Can anyone give a short description of the young stage of M. siltepecana.  Does it have thick, bullate leaves with almost a cardboard like texture and very few perforations, (at least until it gets some age to it?)

Also wondering about the variegated shinglers.  I know M. dubia and a form of M. tuberculata have shingling, attractively marked leaves but are there any more?

And to Pete,  are there any Rhaphidophoras other than R. cryptantha with shingling/marked leaves?

Michael Mattlage

Michael Mattlage
Aroid-L mailing list