Re: Chaos in Monstera names

  • Subject: Re: Chaos in Monstera names
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:52:43 -0500

Marek:

            Monstera friedrichsthalii is a synonym of A. adansonii but M. pertusa is not even a Monstera as I recall but rather a Rhapidophora (Pete is this not correct?). M. karwinskyi is a synonym of M. acuminate, not the other way around.  M. obliqua has lots of synonyms.  Madison lists 7 including M. expilata Schott but I intend to resurrect the latter.

Tom