the symptom of overfertilized Amorphophallus?

  • Subject: the symptom of overfertilized Amorphophallus?
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:30:58 +0000

Dear Andras,

I am NOT an expert, but when I used to grow aquatic aroids, they used to suffer "leaf burn'', and I was told that the man-made granular AND some liquid fertilizers which contain ''salts'' were the main cause of this problem.  I was given some liquid fertilizers with a low-salt content, and advised to use them in a weak mix more frequently, and to allow rain to 'flush'' the soil as often as possible, I also used OLD cow manure and WEAK mixes of fish emulsion fertilizer, this certainly improved the leaf burn situation.  Perhaps you need to reduce the amount of fertilizer you use?
I hope that this may work for you.

Good Growing,

Julius