An additional source of good answers provided by the IAS!

  • Subject: An additional source of good answers provided by the IAS!
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:04:30 -0500

This post in no way is an encouragement not to ask questions right here on Aroid l.

However, there are many that commonly ask questions on several public aroid forums and when an answer is given the answers sometimes  contain poor or downright bad information.  Several of the regulars on Aroid l have tried and still attempt to answer those questions but some are quickly "batted down" by those growers that feel commonly accepted horticulture notions take precedence over good advice based on botanical science.  The "struggle" between those that really want to know the truth and those that only want to accept commonly held beliefs will never go away.

As a result I now recommend that those "doubters" also post their questions on the IAS FACEBOOK account and the moderators can then ask one of our botanists or others that are qualified to post a qualified answer to respond.  If you would like to help please monitor the IAS FACEBOOK account:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Miami-FL/International-Aroid-Society/291094100787

We now have nearly 300 "FANS" and the FACEBOOK page has the potential to bring in more members to the society.  The more information we can share that is factual the more growers will successfully grow their plants.  You'll also find a great deal of good info right here:  www.Aroid.org

I know the board of the IAS is looking for ways to spread good info to those that will visit the show in Miami this year.  You'll find several great presentations are being planned aimed solely at growers!If we are going to make the IAS grow we need the support of all aroid growers!

If you have questions, PLEASE continue to post them right here.

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas