FW: Titan blooming this week

  • Subject: FW: Titan blooming this week
  • From: "Tony Avent" <tony@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:30:10 -0400

Aroiders:

Our friends at UNC-Charlotte have their Amorphophallus titanum flowering
again, although it sounds like an Austin Powers mini-me version of the one
that flowered a couple of years ago.  They are looking for pollen for a
conjugal visit, if anyone can help, see Meredith's note and contact info
below.  Thanks.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three
times" - Avent