Re: Temperate Tuberous Species Dormancy

  • Subject: Re: Temperate Tuberous Species Dormancy
  • From: Christopher Rogers <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:02:46 -0700

Okay, the gauntlet has been thrown.

How about this:

For a poem you work all of the time,

To find just the perfectest line,

To get the right verse,

For each word you’ve nursed,

And come up with a really good sounding poem . . .

Grins,
Christopher
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com> wrote:
Christopher, surely no city can get by without a full-time poet!

Let's get this nice fellow started:
There once was a Poet from Davis
who married a turtle named Mavis
There weren't any cops
but the poetry was tops!
Only WE from government stupidity can save  us!

I'm not applying for the position

Christopher Rogers wrote:
Hiyer, Andrew!

Good to hear from you.

Absolutely!! My wife and I have wanted to leave CA for nearly twenty years. I love the natural history and the restaurants. We hate the crowds, the high taxes, the blatant stupidity. I will give you an example: I live in the City of Davis. Due to the poor economy, Davis has cut several law enforcement programs, and not hired several police officers that were supposed to be added to the force. However, Davis has decided that it needs to fill a newly created position, a position that is full time, with full benefits. That position is City Poet.

Another example: the governor announced back in January that the state was broke, and pleaded with the legislature to cut spending. On camera the legislature agreed. Over the next months, the legislature then passed millions of dollars worth of brand new mandatory programs.

My wife and I grew up in the country, and we want to get back to that far less complicated existence.

Happy days,
Christopher

--
D. Christopher Rogers