Re: is it an Anubias?

Dear Ferenc,

Well, I stand corrected, this IS an Anubis not a Schismatoglottis. Could you do an additional photo that shows the lower part of the petiole and the petiolar sheath.

We all learn constantly!

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Ferenc Lengyel
Sent: Sunday, 12 June, 2011 6:04 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] is it an Anubias?

Dear Ted,

Now I have removed the spathe, and took some photos:

The inflorescence cut open:

The inflorescence cut open from side view:

The spathe without spadix (the contamination on the pic is a piece of the spathe, getting there from the scissors during cutting):

The inflorescence is relatively small, but I think, it is a forced flowering, the result of hormonal treatment, as three of the Anubias plants which I got with the same shipment is developing an inflorescense too, though they are rather small.

Aroid-L mailing list