Anthurium question

  • Subject: Anthurium question
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:25:25 -0500

Title: Anthurium question
What’s going on here (see attachment – red arrows)?
This is an inflorescence of Anthurium halmoorei.  The male (with pollen) and female flowers are clearly visible.  But what are those structures (indicated by the red arrows) at the boundary between the two types of flowers?  I’ve never observed anything like them before, and “normal” fruits of this plant typically take nearly a year to mature.  I can’t tell whether these are “new” plants or simply some sort of errant bract structure.

Suggestions welcomed.

-- Don Martinson
   Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Aroid-L mailing list