Re: Nephthytis berries/plants

  • Subject: Re: Nephthytis berries/plants
  • From: Geoffrey Kibby <geoffkhere@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:55:46 +0100 (BST)

Dear Peter,

How very kind of you. The only Southeast Asian aroid I have is an unnamed species of Schismatoglottis, possibly S. longifolia with small, narrowly sagittate white-splashed leaves. I got that from Dewey Fisk many years ago and has proved very reliable, dying down each year only to re-appear bigger and better.

So I would welcome berries of almost any smaller aroid but especially either Schismatoglottis or Homalomena if it is not too much trouble. I would of course cover any costs etc. My address is: Geoffrey Kibby, 227 Argyle Road, London W13 0AY.

On a separate topic are you familiar with species of Thottea? They seem almost unknown in cultivation here but would seem to be worthy of growing having weirdly beautiful flowers rather like their cousins Aristolochia. Do they grow in your area/set seed?

Let me know if the Nephthytis are of interest to you (I expect you have them already).

Best wishes,
Geoffrey