Fungus Among Us

  • Subject: Fungus Among Us
  • From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 11:53:58 +0000 (UTC)

Inline image

Thank you very much for responding to my inquiry regarding fungicides for dormant aroid tubers.  “Back in the day”, we used a product called Captan and, it so happens, I still have some.

I also remember from that time that either I or David Burnett did a study and determined that a number of different fungus can cause a problem.  Therefore, I intend to use a mixture of Captan, sulfur, and cinnamon to powder these tubers, as I really don’t wish to lose them.
David Leedy
 Here are some other ideas:
                                          Inline image

I had an Amorphophallus peonaflious that had rot on the base of the leaf. I treated it with Bayer Advanced All-in-One Rose and Flower Care. It stopped the rot and the rotten part dried up. Its three systemic products in one providing complete rose and flower care, with fertilizer, insect protection and disease control.  Water moves the product down into the root zone where it is taken up & moved into the plant. The entire plant, even new growth, is fed and protected against insects and disease.

                                       Inline image
I recently had a very bad, fast-spreading fungus attack on my large patch of Colocasia 'Nancy's Revenge.' I cut them all back to the corms and sprayed with the fungicide Daconil.