Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 15:18:37 -0400
From: Corey W <cewickliffe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Fiction of bullate leaves
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>

Ah yes, Ted, you are right in line with my thinking!

I'm thinking bullate leaves likely is a functional form that is then
further modified by things like cuticle, leaf thickness, etc., and the
"bullate"-ness of a leaf may be a term capturing multiple different things.
I googled "bullate anthurium" and came up with A. radicans, a species I
adore. It is distinctly bullate, but also distinctly happy as a houseplant
in my conditions and is not limited to high humidity... but those are some
mighty thick leaves with a nice waxy cuticle. The mystery continues!

Aroid-L mailing list