Re: Dieffenbachia seguine

  • Subject: Re: Dieffenbachia seguine
  • From: "John Criswick" <criswick@spiceisle.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:26:22 -0700

Very possibly but is he mentioned anywhere as a collector? ( There was a Juan Seguin who took part in the Texas revolution.)  It is remarkable that a Spanish collector’s name would have become the common name for a plant in an island with no Spanish history whatsoever. The pronunciation has been retained almost unchanged, in a French creole- speaking island.