Re: Picking seeds before mother nature does.

Sue

we grow Arum italicum pictum here in England (Zone 9, probably) and the
fruiting head, which is forming now, stays upright until it turns bright
orange and, eventually, the berries drop off the still upright peduncle.

I would try to leave the seeds to develope naturally if at all possible, but
if any plants are attacked try sowing the seeds that have formed, after
washing off the surrounding fruit.   Slugs seem to be the main enemy for us,
chewing part way through the stem.

Hope this helps

Simon Wills
Clevedon, England.