Snails

Dear Aroidelers,

    I need some militar help: Is there any kind of efficient weapon
against snails?  There is a gang of these disgusting molluscs trying to
destroy my living collection! In the begining, they only attacked some
young leaves of Anthurium, and I could easily control them. Now, they are
also chewing the base of the petiole of some tuberous aroid, and the war
was finally declared when they knocked down my only Gorgonidium plant (it
was just a baby!). Too bad...
    I'm living in a tropical country and our winter isn't enough to stop
their destructive activity. I'd like to hear from some of you, before to
try a H-bomb!!!

Thanks,

Eduardo.