RE: Name that plant

Dear Julius, Les and Dewey,

    Based on Les' description it seems to be a specimen of the
unmistakable Xanthosoma atrovirens Koch var. appendiculatum Engler, called
"tambataja" by the Brazilian natives. It is a Brazilian subspecies of the
"standard" X. atrovirens from Venezuela and adjacent areas (possibly the
yellow fleshed Xanthosoma quoted by Julius). Whereas the
Venezuelan subspecies has "normal" sagittate leaves, the Brazilian plants
have somewhat degenerated leaves, with white portions, appendices in the
end of the nerves and cup-like structures in the blade's apex. In
horticulture, there are a miriad of other names, like:  X. atrovirens var.
monstruosum and X. atrovirens var. albo-marginatum, but as far as I know,
the only botanicaly correct name of it is that I already cited. It inhabit
northern Brazil, in the state of Para and  I think I should say that
such state is one of the wettest and hottest of Brazil so don't let the
conditions go too cold, too dry or too dark.

Good luck (you'll need some ;-)),