RE: Name that plant

From: on behalf of Lester Kallus
Sent: 	Friday, June 13, 1997 4:14 PM
To: 	Julius Boos
Subject: 	Name that plant

>>>I recall seeing a syngonium a few years ago that had variegated leaves and
a tip that curved up creating a little cup.  Could someone please name it
and let me know if it's the type of plant that could survive easily indoors
during our Long Island winters?
Dear Les,
I believe you may have seen a Xanthosoma, called X. atrovirens "variegata
monstrosa" (pg. 135) by D. Bown in her book on Aroids.  I don`t know if this
is a correct name, as she also uses it (pg. 199) for the yellow fleshed
Xanthosoma on the Dominican Republic which is a different plant.
It may grow indoors IF it is placed in as much light as possible, you`ll have
to try it and see how it goes!   Good luck.