Re: Is this Arum a Pinellia?

It most certainly is Pinellia cordata, and it may have come from
bulblets/bulbils that I sent you a couple of years ago. It's a great plant,
and so far I have not had any problems with it going dormant if it is kept
in a cool spot. The leaves on mature plants can get over 6" long. As with
other pinellias, it keeps reblooming all summer-- I usually get three or
four sets of flowers. The fragrance is a real bonus-- definitely sweet and

Bulbils (at the base of the leaves and at the bottom of the petioles) and
bulblets (offsets from the main tuber) form readily. The bulbils (or are
they tuberils?) will bloom in the second season, the bulblets (or
tuberlets) should bloom in the first. NOT invasive though, as some of its
kin can be (ie, P. ternata).

I've got a feeling the other leaf in the pot is from Nick's arum.....

--Roy Herold
North Reading, MA