Re: An Aroid greenhouse question

Sue,

Heating a greenhouse full of any type of plant is always a challenge.  I have
used
kerosene for years with no negative effect on my Aroids.  It did effect my
orchids,
jades, and some of the other flowering plants such as passion flowers.

Now I use a wood burning stove.  It is more work and mess, but it is clean
heat.
Just keep the humidity high.

I think the best heat is a vented natural gas heater, if the cost justifies
the pleasure
of the plants (most plant nuts like us will justify the cost).  I plan on
converting to
natural gas in the near future.

Good luck in preparing for this winter, which I hope NEVER comes.

Bob Kleiser
plantbob@aol.com