Re: Interesting Story

>Dewey, in light of your *very* interesting story, I guess I can find the
>strength to admit it:
>My name is Steve, and I ...... am a habitual Amorphophallus underpotter.

My name is Dewey and I, too, am a habitual Amorphophallus underpotter....

I do it for economic reasons.  It costs a lot of money to pot some of these
things in 30 gallon pots.  I cringed this spring when I had to put a 35
pound tuber of A. paeoniifolius in a 30 gal...  but, if I did not, it would
fall over...

I have experienced the multiplication of tubers in tight pots but I did
not really think anything about it at the time.

I have a plant of A. titanum in a 7 gal. pot that is just over 4 ft. high
and it has been 'up' since spring of '97.  I really wonder how large the
tuber is and if it is pot bound.  There is no evidence of swelling on the
sides of the pot...

The more we observe, the more we will learn...

Be sure and check out the Web Page for FTG and see this marvelous plant.

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
Your Source for Tropical Araceae