While working in the yard yesterday afternoon....  about an hour before
sunset.... I noticed the very faint odor of rotting flesh.....  Now,
knowing that nothing in the immediate area had departed this world....  I
immediately went to the area that housed the Amorphophallus....  There in
all of it's glory, A. opertus was emitting the odor that was designed to
spread it's genes....

I checked it out...  and with my very bad smeller....(sinus problems...)  I
could smell it over 50 ft. away....  and of course... that depends on the
way the very slight to non-existant breeze was blowing.

Needless to say... the camera will be clicking this morning....

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
Your Source for Tropical Araceae