A. titanum and the Meeting of IAS

As some of you may know by now the web site for Fairchild Tropical
Garden is
down----this also includes the link from IAS ,of course. The Garden has
informative phone message which is updated each morning(305-667-1651).
The regular meeting of IAS in Miami is this Monday night at 7:30
in the area should try to attend because we will have a double
bill----an exclusive
private visit with the titanum "bloom" as well as our scheduled speaker
McDaniel . Charlie always gives an interesting program and brings many
interesting plants.

The amorphophallus is still not open----height is about 59"----the
inside of the
spathe is coloring up and it's somewhat looser around the spadix.Maybe