Re: It is me again!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Genny'38 <Genny38@webtv.net>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 9:58 AM
Subject: It is me again!!!

>Sorry, I forgot to mention that this bulb was not bought here in
Guadalajara, and that I went to all the Nurseries available with no
result, I am very sure this a foreign bulb that crossed the borders from
I do not know where....I am sure is not a native plant of my region, or
maybe from Yucatan? (the Mexican tropical areas?) the fact is that I am

Dear Genny,
If at all possible, try to describe what the 'flower/bloom' and the leaf
looked like, perhaps the list that Dewey Fisk guided you to will give a
reference point to start from?   Several list members speak and understand a
little Spanish, so if you have to use a Spanish word or two in your attempt
at describing the bloom/plant we should understand.   The chances are it may
be one of the following---

1)   Sauromatum venosum (picture on the list Dewey gave)from Asia/Africa

2) Amorphophallus paeoniifolius (picture also on the list) from Asia.

3) Dracontium soconoscum (this plant occurs naturally in Mexico!), it will
have a  1-2 meter leaf-stem colored like a viper snake, many little
divisions/leaflets at the top of the stem, and a bloom short and close to
the ground, purple/brown inside, smells of dried, old meat.

I hope the above information may help, and look forward to more information
on your intriguing plant!!