message from Phil Mueller

Airoiders,
Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted anything. However, for
you who are interested in cold hardiness of airoids, I have a little tidbit,

Several months ago (Sept. '98) I visited my family in Chester, Illinois. By
the foundation of the house were several small A. konjac. I had planted
konjac there in the Summer of '82 and they have persisted. All (there were
about a dozen) of them were against the foundation where I suppose it's a
little warmer. It's seems obvious that the growing season isn't long enough
for them to prosper, but they do exist.

I've spent most of the last three years wandering through the Mediterranian
Sea, Red Sea, and the Persian Gulf. My job doesn't give me the luxury of
scheduling my ports according to the blooming season of aroids and it's
quite frustrating. I do have some pictures of blooming aroids from Crete,
Italy, and Turkey and I hope, when digitized, to have them identified.

I meet my next ship in La Maddelena, Italy around the first of July and
should be in the St. Louis area in September. Hope the aroid meeting will be
about the time I'm there. I would dearly love to see some of you again.

Phil Mueller

---End of forwarded mail from "Prof. Mueller" <muellerp@nicholas.navy.mil>

--
Alan Galloway                                 alan_galloway@ncsu.edu
Computing Services, Information Technology