Re: Alocasia dormancy

GeoffAroid@aol.com writes:

> this happens to me all the time, as I speak I have Alocasia X
>  amazonica sitting dormant like this, they can stay like this for months and
>  months. I am convinced it is low soil temperatures that cause this. Giving
>  them the 'hot-house' treatment in a very warm, steamy enclosure usually
> kicks them back into growth. Other species seem more tolerant. Which
species is
>  doing this for you?

geoffrey, right now i have A. Black Velvet, villanovii, micholitziana,
Elaine, Hilo Beauty, all dormant.  interestingly enough, reversa has proven
to be more resilient, and it is still green, although i can't seem to keep
more than 2 leaves going at a time.  i guess my apt. is just not warm and
humid enough?  in the summer, when the weather warms up, i hope they'll
sprout again.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA