Re: Colocasia esculenta

I purchase Xanthosoma violaceum at hispanic (predominantly Puerto Rican &
Cuban) grocery stores under the name Yautia lila for approximate $3.50 a
pound.  The tubers sprout rapidly and grow into large plants with little
fuss.  I also found that a group that I didn't get around to planting last
year (had grown in the summer of '98) is still viable and is about to
sprout now that I've finally planted them a year and a half since
harvesting.  It's not bad for
$3.50 a pound.