Re: IAS Newsletter

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: IAS Newsletter
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:50:04 -0600 (CST)

There are several previously published articles on Arisaema by Dr. Guy
Gusman <ggusman@ulb.ac.be>.
One of them is the best I've seen on distinguishing the three subspecies
of Arisaema flavum. It's
reasonably short and, if you get Guy's approval, I can send you both the
original article and a
condensed version which is very good.

Dr. Jim McClements has written the definitive article on Arisaema culture
<jimmcclem@aol.com>. I only have a draft copy in machine form.

Dr. Donald Huttleston wrote the definitive article on the species
Arisaema triphyllum. It may be
old enough to be free of copywrite restrictions but it still is the
authority. I have it in machine form including the original black&white

Craig Stubbs has developed the best method of forcing Arisaema to get 2
to 3 years growth per year.
It's simple enough that anyone can do it. <craigs@ican.net>. Using
Craig's method, one can go from seed to bloom in 2 years. He has written
about the method, but has not published the material.

There are quite a few articles on Arisaema that are available to AEG
members. Some may have copywrite
problems, some (like the Arisaema section of "Flora of China" including
line drawings) are way too
long for the newsletter. But, some are quite interesting.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!