cane cutting alocasia

Hello all,
    Has anyone propagated an Alocasia via cane cuttings? I have an A.
micholitziana 'Frydek' with quite a cane on it that I would like to
air-layer. I have noticed it has many "eyes" (lack of better term) along the
cane and some of the lower ones have produced cormels. I'm thinking about
chopping the cane up into pieces with one or two eyes each, burying them
horizontally half exposed and putting them in a clone box under
fluorescents. Any opinions?

Gabe Thomas
cdanielle@prodigy.net