Re: alocasia macrorrhiza, cane for propagating?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: alocasia macrorrhiza, cane for propagating?
  • From: Pugturd@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:50:14 -0600 (CST)

Well, it does look like a Dieffenbachia stalk or a trunk. I know what you are
talking about when you say eyes on it. It should work I would think if you
planted the cuttings with the eyes up and add a little hormone to it. As for
the Alocasia macrorrhiza you can take the stalk and cut it in to slices or I
have even cut the slices in to squares and they have produced plants. I don't
know if this will work with all of the Alocasias. I have not tried it with
any other ones. Let me know if it works.