Re: abnormal flowers

Claire - it used to be fairly common to see abnormalities in commercial spath
crops that came from tissue culture, but in recent years I haven't seen that
as a problem too often. It is always a possibility with micropropagation,
I should check back with your supplier to see if there have been any other
reports of instability in the cultures of this particular cultivar. Nothing
to do for this crop, if that is the case, but for next time,switch to another
variety that is stable.
Your fumigant could also be the culprit, although I haven't heard of other
problems with it. Try your supplier on that, too. They should be properly
grateful if you are pointing out a problem with the product before it turns
into a benlate !
I know that this is an "ivory tower" response, and doesn't help your
immediate problem - I just hope that you are finding only a few plants in
your crop with the bad flowers.