Re: abnormal flowers

-----Original Message-----
From: Claire Piette <claire.piette@rug.ac.be>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 5:50 PM
Subject: abnormal flowers

Hi Claire,  I have seen abnormal blooms on Spathi`s but generally in
commercially grown (and sprayed?) hybrids.   Have you had them for a long
time, and they have never done tis before???   Are they store-bought or wild
collected species??
The hybrids sometimes produce double spathes, no spathes, double or forked
spadices, all kinds of deformities.   I don`t know if it`s the breeding, OR
the sprays to make them all bloom together, or fungicides or what it may be.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Julius
ju-bo@msn.com>Hello,

Recently we found some abnormal Spathiphyllum flowers in our greenhouse.
Some are smaller then usually; others have a normal size, but lack a
spathe and instead there is a little of white amorph tissue. The same
plant has normal and abnormal flowers. The only thing that we changed
during culture, is fumigation with Bladafume against thrips.
Does someone have a hypothesis for these abnormal flowers?
Thank you,

Claire Piette
Claire.Piette@rug.ac.be<