Anthurium splendidum

Question to those "in the know" - I have been experimenting with different
temperature regimens and mediums for a couple of Anthurium splendidum (sl)
that I have for two years now, and still haven't obtained any joy from these
little buggers. Checked locality data for collections on the Tropicos
database last week and noted that they have been collected at low elevations
in the Choco. This suggests hot, extremely wet culture - something I haven't
tried yet. Also saw that Selby's are doing well under "warm" conditions. Any
suggestions, folks?