Re: abnormal flowers

 The hybrids sometimes produce double spathes, no spathes, double or forked
 spadices, all kinds of deformities.   I don`t know if it`s the breeding, OR
 the sprays to make them all bloom together, or fungicides or what it may be.

Hmmm...this is a little off-subject re: aroids, but I was just reminded of
something I have seen in cultivated Codiaeums, especially the yellow-marked
varieties.  Near (but not at) the tip of the leaf is a little filament,
which occasionally shows a rudimentary leaf blade at its tip.  The
filament, I presume is normal, but I do wonder about that secondary blade.
Is there not some aroid which occasionally does this?  I cannot recall
which, but I have read about it.