Re: Anthurium splendidum

Rick Cirino in Calif collected what is now called A. Splendidum first and
then I collected it shortly thereafter. It is from along a stream and it
never has gotten terribly large. A. luxuriens, what we used to call A.
Splendidum, I will take bets grows in a similar type situation because there
is one that I collected low altitude near Buena Ventura, Columbia. SA that
looks quite similar. The one I collected, and has been collected before me,
is not as distinctly marked, but similar. All of the beautiful little
bastards are absolute pains to grow until you find the secret that fits your
set of circumstances. Perhaps prayer helps. The real Splendidum, I have had
success growing in a terrarium under lights. A. luxuriens I have had luck
with that way also, but I have seen this one grown well from under mist.
Scott Hyndman had one in the IAS show years ago that he had grown and it was
beautiful. You might ask him how he grew it. I keep my parts in a terrarium
which to most is not ideal.

Good luck!
Betsy