Off the subject (again)...Free to GREAT home

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Off the subject (again)...Free to GREAT home
  • From: "Nyles" <metopium@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:09:37 -0600 (CST)

Hello All!

I have a variegated Traveler's Palm (Ravenala madagascariensis), the only
one that I know of, that I'd like to find a good home for.
It's 3 years old, and stands about 4ft tall.

It's not that I want to get rid of it, It's just that Tucson Arizona is too
borderline to safely raise it as it starts to get large. Bringing it in on
cold nights, and during the entire winter is just not going to work.

I'd like to see it in a botanical garden of some sort, but am open to any

All I ask for is a few "pups" when it forms offshoots, and shipping costs.

Many thanks!