Re: Alocasia araceae

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia araceae
  • From: Dean Sliger <deanslgr@juno.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:29:01 -0600 (CST)

Just tossing something out from left field, adding to the speculation
frenzy, but have we ruled out that the plant's not a Caladium?  I know
many aroid-ers will huff and guffah at the idea, but to the "average"
person there isn't a lot of difference.  Many gardening catalogues list
Alocasias and Colocasias as "elephant ear caladiums."

What someone needs to do is get their hands on a specimen of the plant in
question.

Dean