alocasia DNA sample 1

Denis of Silver Krome Gardens Homestead Florida was so kind to
send me leaf a samples of 11 Alocasias. I measured their DNA and
got t some interesting results I will treat them in small groups for
you so as to invite your comment as I dont know anything about
Alocasias .
General: A sample of leaf was chopped with the standard Agave
americana of 15.9 pg Nuclei were""colored"" with propidium iodide
and measured one by one in a flow cytometer. About 5000 to
10.000 nuclei were measured and the values in Alocasia range
from 10 -22 picogram Furhter I noted that three samples had very
dark suspensions.
I found 11.2 picogram per nucleus for Alocasia tigrina superba and
11.6 pg for A zebrina reticulata . These values are too close for
comfort They might be closely related species or Could they be the
same species?
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden