Re: Anthurium from Costa Rica

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium from Costa Rica
  • From: "Jay Vannini" <interbnk@terra.com.gt>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:49:25 -0600 (CST)

This is what is called an "Obake"-type Anthurium andraeanum hybrid, cud be
'Miura' or a derivative/sibling of this clone. This characteristic is
somewhat unstable, even in plants selected for it, and I have had "Obakes"
appear spontaneously on yer common or garden variety 'Nitta" - only to
disappear for several seasons (or forever!) on the same plant. Hmmmmmmm...

A Communist plot?