Re: Nonaroid question!

  • Subject: Re: Nonaroid question!
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@arachne.uark.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:45:20 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, brian williams wrote:

> ... One I know most run into is orchids which is such a large family.
> I find that I like the following species but I also find that hardly
> anyone has them available or to trade. If they are available they are
> usually very costly. Anyone out there growing these orchids or know
> were i may get a some from? bulbophyllums, cirrhopetalum,
> pleurothallis, stelis, restrepia, lepanthes

Brian,

I only grow a few odd species among the genera you mention, but by
coincidence I have been searching for several other orchids over the last
few weeks, and while digging through the Internet orchid mall
(www.orchidmall.com) I noticed a number of sellers of several of those
groups.

Lepanthes calodictyon in particular in that genus is on my buy list; I saw
several sources, mostly in the $25-30 range.

I'd bet someone on the list knows some good vendors directly.

(Since the topic has come up, if anyone knows a source for Habenaria
carnea, Dendrobium cuthbertsonii, or some of the Pterostylis - whose
flowers at first glance look a lot like an arisaema - I'd appreciate a
note.)

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu