Aroid hardiness

  • Subject: Aroid hardiness
  • From: "James W. Waddick" <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:08:58 -0600 (CST)

>Tony wrote:
>	I can't imagine that it will not be hardy.
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at
least three times"

Dear all;
	 I can't emphasize enough how important provenance is to
gardeners such as myself who try to grow tender plants in cold
climates. Too often plants in cultivation come from only a single or
few introductions. I hope you'll try these two new accessions around
the country.
	There are a couple of plants I'd sure like to get from the
northern edge of their range instead of the southern plants available
now. (or in Argentina's case the southern end of the range) and
higher altitude too.

	Good luck and keep us posted about success and failure (hope not).

		Best	Jim W.

Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711