[aroid-l] Spathiphyllum Diaspora

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Spathiphyllum Diaspora
  • From: Rand Nicholson writserv@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:14:19 -0400

Hello Ron:

Is there nothing to be done and no one to help? Although I cannot imagine another with the same praetorian degree of devotion and sense of duty to the Spathiphyllum, are there none in Erin of the Aroid persuasion on this list that could possibly lend a hand? Allowing you some breathing space till the warmer months when, perhaps, a less hasty disposition of your unique collection could be considered?

Best Regards,

Thank you Wilbert for the always professional fun & compassion.  Now that I
have learned to write coherently so as to be understood maybe I will have to
get really imaginative & be more subtle in what I write between the lines &
words?   Anyway, I'm treading water, undecided as to the best for the
Spaths, to send them in weakened state to an Ark of unknown security or to
persevere here because it is now closer to Summer & somehow it may be easier
to get them back into their original peak condition to pass on or not later.

Photos of Spaths I will send snail as soon as the house move traumas end(?)
& I can get out of the huge number of boxes in this much smaller place.  One
man's meat is another Man's poison...but I do so like my matter of fact full
of colourful, even pungent, ingredients, an acquired taste & some might say
I sometimes prepare the food to make it deliberately undigestible....May you
have your beloved Amorphophallus Collection for the next fifty years & long
may we read the kindly abrasive straight faced Dutch humour.

The Best & Thanks again